Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
Need an idea for your next weekly meal plan or next family barbecue? Maybe you just love vegetables and need a new way to prepare them? Then you’ve got to try my Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables that even kids will love! These colorful and nutritious roasted veggies make a great side dish to go along with your main course or, as a stand alone dish. The best part about this recipe is that you can customize the types of vegetables to whatever your heart desires. Hate broccoli? Leave it out! Love, love, love, zucchini? Lean in on the zucchini!
Where are the Mom’s out there? How many of you out there are trying to get your kids to eat their vegetables? (Hand raised to the sky!). Turns out that kids like flavor-packed vegetables just like the rest of us. Soggy, over-steamed, tasteless vegetables sound gross, right? So why would we expect kids to want to eat them? My recipe for Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables. is not only a kid pleaser, but every adult I’ve fed these sheet pan roasted vegetables to has asked me for the recipe.
Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables is a foolproof, easy, family-friendly side dish recipe that will help you get more vegetables in your diet, and it’s a recipe that makes plenty of leftovers for the week!
Most of the time, (Okay, ALL of the time) I am trying running from one kid event to another. Band concerts, sporting events, practices, and rehearsals. Raising two sets of twins for the past 15 years means that you’re constantly on the go. Now, don’t get me wrong: I wouldn’t change a single thing. But raising a family and being on the go doesn’t mean that are going to sacrifice eating good, healthy food!
That’s why I love easy side dishes like Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables. In the time it takes to bake a meatloaf, or chicken breasts, or a roasted pork loin, you can roast your vegetables, too, for a super easy, delicious side. Speaking of pork loin, Smithfield makes a delicious pre-marinated pork loin that you can usually find on sale at Safeway. It’s the perfect shortcut for busy families!
Pair my Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables recipe with my Greek Lemon and Garlic Roasted Chicken or Easy Turkey Meatloaf for a match made in heaven. If you’re grilling meats on the barbecue, make Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables as a side dish.
Next time you’re thinking about meal planning for the week, try my Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables as a side dish to go along with your main course. The best part about this recipe is that you can customize the types of vegetables to whatever your heart desires. Hate broccoli? Leave it out! Love, love, love, zucchini? Lean in on the zucchini!
- 2 Zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 medium Yellow Squash thinly sliced
- 1 Large Sweet Yellow Onion sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic chopped
- 1 Pint Button Mushrooms quartered
- 2 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- Chop and prepare vegetables on a cutting board and add to the pan.
- Once you have all your veggies on the pan, add your olive oil, herbs, and salt and pepper.
- Use your (clean!) hands to mix and coat the vegetables, spreading them out in an even layer.
- In to the oven they go! Set a timer for 45 minutes. After about 20 minutes, evenly turn and mix the vegetables.
- You'll know they're ready when your house smells divine and the vegetables are fork tender.
- Correct your seasonings to your liking by tasting a bite or two. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and plate. If you're serving for company, add a few sprigs of fresh basil as a pretty adornment.